Atthangika: the 'eightfold wrong path', i.e.
(1) wrong view (micchā-ditthi),
(2) wrong thought (micchā-sankappa),
(3) wrong speech (micchā-vācā),
(4) wrong bodily action (micchā-kammanta),
(5) wrong livelihood (micchā-ājīva),
(6) wrong effort (micchā-vāyāma),
(7) wrong mindfulness (micchā-sati),
(8) wrong concentration (micchā-samādhi).
Just as the Eightfold Right Path (sammā-magga), so also here the 8 links are included in the group of mental formations (sankhāra-kkhandha; s. khandha).
The links 2, 6, 7, 8, are inseparably bound up with every karmically-unwholesome state of consciousness. Often are also present 3, 4, or 5, sometimes link 1.